For Eileen Kernaghan’s “The Robber Maiden’s Story” (the feature story from Issue 5 of Pulp Literature) I wanted the gaze of an inadvertently unkind soul who has never been shown what she’s missing. I used Victorian chimney pot cover for the hat and Lapp fabrics. The gaze is inspired by a National Geographic cover showing a young, chilly northerner.
- Writing Time, Part 74. Creating Suspense, 3 Ways
- Writing Time, Part 73. 3 Tricks for Sustaining Tension
- Writing Time, Part 72. Creating Tension and Suspense, With Thanks to The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
- Writing Circles: Writing in Excellent Company
- Writing Time, Part 71. Four Fixes for Chapter Openings and Endings
- Writing Time, Part 70. Great Starts Via Tone and Setting
- Writing Time, Part 69. Brainbox Toolkits for Writers
- Writing Time, Part 68. Making the Most of Drafting Hours
- Writing Time, Part 67. Carving Out Writing Time
- Writing Time, Part 66. Writer’s Block Busting, Part 2.